|Welcome to Whistle9's Talk Page|
|Local Time: EST (UTC -05) 02:53, Friday, July 3, 2015|
| For the most accurate time, you should refresh the page.
|Please feel free to leave me a message anytime, whether you need help, have a complaint or suggestion, or just want to talk. I'll reply as soon as I can. Please don't forget to write your signature at the end of your message, either by typing four tildes: ~~~~ or by clicking on the signature button: or . Also, if you're starting a new topic, please create a new level two heading by typing the title of your message where it says "Subject/headline:" above the Publish button. Please follow the rules set out in the User Page Policy when posting here. Thanks!|
|Talk Page Archives|
|Messages left previously on my talk page are archived in chronological order. Feel free to read through the archives, but please do not edit them. See Help:Archiving talk pages for more information.|
|Archive 1||Archive 2||Archive 3||Archive 4|
07 Ghost Wiki Affiliation Request
Dragons Rioting Affiliate Request
Hello I am the founder of the Dragons Rioting Wiki, and I would like to be one of the affiliates of Medaka Box Wiki.
If you accept, here is our wordmark: http://dragonsrioting.wikia.com/wiki/File:Wiki-wordmark.png
- Thank you very Much! Your wordmark is also on our main page now. Iron.Shadow.Dragon (talk) 20:37, August 26, 2013 (UTC)
Mushibugyo Affiliate Request
Hi Whistle, i'm a admin from another wiki called Mushibugyo, i would be glad if you put my wiki onto your affiliated site and i would do the same thing
Hi there whistle! I'd like to make an affiliation request (two actually) because I really like your wiki. The first one is about Berserk Wiki and the other one is about Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Wiki. i'm sure that's you'll like both of them. Thanks in advance. 20:30, September 20, 2013 (UTC)
Ok, thanks!20:56, September 20, 2013 (UTC)
Suisou Riddle Brain
For the life of me, I still don't know what it means, but as near as I can tell, it's something along the lines of "Suisou is riddled/blemished with squirming/wriggling/writhing memories". I think the best way to translate it (at least from this amateur's point of view) would be "Suisou is Full of Memories of Squirming" or something like that. There might be some meaning behind "wriggling brain/memories" in Japanese, but no site I've gone to has picked it up. I'm not 100% on this, I'm not really a linguist, but my gut tells me this is as close as we're going to get until we actually get a Japanese speaker in on this. Also, the "riddled" thing is supposed to imply a negative connotation, hence why I said blemished earlier. I guess another translation could be "Memories of Suisou are Blemished with Squirming/Wriggling"? I don't know. It really doesn't matter which we go with because it doesn't have an official translation anyway.
- I don't think that the first few arcs ever actually said what they were called. While I trust that the Japanese know their own series better than a foreigner, I won't discount the possibility that they just made up arbitrary titles like we did. Also, the Japanese wiki only covered up to the Unknown Shiranui arc, which tells me that whoever edits that page has dropped the ball on Bouqet Toss to the Future and Epilogue. Quick question though, was it ever referred to as the Epilogue arc in the story or did we make that up?
- As far as I can tell, the sequence of events for GLK is 1, Memories, Zugzwang, Execute, 2. I'm not 100% on that, but the Japanese wiki says episode 24 was "after the events of the novel version" and I assume that means both novels, so there you go.
J-Stars Victory Vs
Every wiki that has a character from the series they cover in the game has an article for J-Stars Victory Vs. It would be inadequate if the Medaka Box Wiki was the only one left out of the loop. -The Forgotten Beast (talk) 16:24, October 4, 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, would you like to affiliate this wiki with One Piece Wiki? Thanks. 07:35, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, Whistle9!! I'm Michee, a rollback user at Kuroshitsuji Wiki!! With proper permission from the admins, I came to ask for an affiliation with your Wiki!! If you're interested, here's our wordmark!! Thank you!! Michee (talk)
Re: Guidebook English Names
The names in the guidebook aren't wrong, per se, they're just romanized differently.
Cho is a combination of Chi and Yo, and Chi falls under the "T"s in kana charts, so an alternate romanization is Tyo. It's not wrong, but it makes more sense to English speakers to see it with ch instead of ty.
The same principle applies for Sho and Syo. They start out as Shi and are combined with Yo, but since it's the "S"s, some people spell it "Si" instead of "Shi", so it becomes "Syo". Does that make sense?
It basically just means that whoever wrote that name in English in the book isn't entirely familiar with what English speakers consider "normal" spelling.
Long story short, don't worry about it. Leave it as is because it's easier for English speakers to understand and it isn't wrong in the first place.
Shadow The Demon
Hello there, I would like to know more about this Anime and this Wikia. I"m new to both the Anime and the Wikia and I would like to know more about it please but I do have one question. Do you know how they got the idea of War God Mode? And I've been seeing so many War God Mode Vs. Super Saiyan God Pictures. Is War God Mode as strong as Super Saiyan God Mode? Shadow The Demon (talk) 14:27, June 13, 2014
Is S2 of Medaka Box dubbed yet?
- Good I've watched S1 in dubbed and been waiting for S2 to get dubbed and they need to make a S3 but they won't Akame_of_the_Demon_Sword_Murasame (Talk) 21:56, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
Kanji and Romaji
- I can't figure out the kanji on the armband on the right http://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/images/large/4961524592357.jpg Akame_of_the_Demon_Sword_Murasame (Talk) 20:41, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
Whistle9-san: Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking for the name of the soundtrack played at around 11.04 (time text) in ep. 12 of Medaka Box Abnormal (the scene where Misogi and Anshin-san are talking). If you know, please let me know. Thanks.
- Thanks for the reply.
Switch and Toggle Help
I need help with Switch and Toggle for my wiki http://shinmaimaounokeiyakusha.wikia.com/wiki/Shinmai_Maou_no_Keiyakusha_Wiki I can't seem to code it right and I copied every code from this wiki into the template pages for my wiki
- TY and it did but I had make some pages for the codes but it worked out in the end Akame_of_the_Demon_Sword_Murasame村雨(Talk) 23:54, March 19, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Medaka Article
Hola supongo que ya sabes mi nombre de usuario, la razon por la que te escribo es para que sepas que no se crear fuentes y por eso no lo e hecho y tambien por eso te pido que no borres mis ediciones, gracias (UnknowXD (talk) 21:14, May 13, 2015 (UTC))...
Hi, why didn't anyone add those skills to Anshin'in's list, or to abnormality list?http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/medakabox/images/7/7f/Iihiko_defeats_Ajimu.png/revision/latest?cb=20120923085608
- I don't know, it's your wiki, you have to put those informations here. The Omnipotent One (talk) 22:14, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Actually, i don't care about your goodwill. And you created this wiki. You are responsible for info on wiki and if you didn't want to be, you made wrong when you created this wiki. So as on "Abnormality" page aren't all known abnormalities, you should be one who will add them here. The Omnipotent One (talk) 14:27, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
- ok gracias men y disculpame por causarte tantos problemas, aqui esta el link: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medaka_Box —This unsigned comment was made by UnknowXD (talk • contribs) 16:59, May 30, 2015
Original publication data
Regarding Template:Chapter Infobox do you think it would be possible to add a "date" field so the exact date the chapter was released in Weekly Shonen Jump could be listed on the chapter info pages? Or maybe even for which issue of Jump it was published in? Helps to give a more exact idea of what was going on when it first came out, as opposed to volumes which come later and all together. talk2ty 09:34, May 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Assuming that Shonen Jump published 1 chapter per issue (I figure that's how must stuff went) regularly without hiatus it would be easy enough to find out the intermediary issue numbers if we confirmed the first/last. A hiatus could complicate things of course. The value I guess is in tracking memes, like somehow mangas may reference each other or events happening shortly before, so it helps us understand the time lapse since something happened in 1 manga and when another might reference it.
- In this particular situation I am actually trying to figure out when chapter 141 first came out so I can make sure I put Mogana's cash bath in proper chronological consideration :) talk2ty 00:30, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
- That looks really useful! I'm not sure how to add a row to the template but if you did, I would be happy to do the grunt work of manually adding each date to each chapter page. I'd just first find a chart telling me when each issue of JUMP came out.
- Kind of wondering where column A went in this (perhaps dates?) and not sure what column D (TOC) indicates (ignoring E column Rank since empty). Column F (chapter R) I figure is the numbering to go for... I am confused by column G's "chapter r" which seems to just be column F minus 8. Any idea what it means? The volume/arc indicators are also pretty cool.
- I really enjoyed Bakemonogatari so once I catch up with that I should get watching this. I intended do prior to comp fritziness. talk2ty 01:21, May 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Wrong. It added to article information of skill's use. You could instead of undoing it add correct grammar, but if you didn't, i'll do. Thanks for info. The Omnipotent One (talk) 19:14, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- That's ok, because i have no desire to attention. And if it's on Zenkichi's page, you can also erase all his interactions with Medaka written on Medaka's page. It would be same. Hanten created skill, Zenkichi received it. It should be writed on both pages. So because i have reason to add it (and i can add reference) and you have no reason to delete it, i have preponderance. Unbeatable logic :) The Omnipotent One (talk) 20:40, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Re: Ajimu's Biological Skills
It's looking like there are at least 102 skills at the moment, but yeah, wait until I'm done before making a note. I might take a couple of days off though. I have been translating near constantly for...two weeks now? I don't know, I've lost track of time. I think I'm burning myself out. I'm sorry dude, I need a break.
I'm so sorry. I didn't want to insult you. I was in bad mood. Can we act like nothing happened? I made my own 235 abnormalities and i thought you were the most competent to see it. Because you made lot of work here and so... I really didn't want to do it, it was stupid and agressive. Sorry. The Omnipotent One (talk) 20:57, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for accepting my apology. I know that Medaka Box is finished, but if i could help you with anything, leave message. And if you would have some time left, you can find my Abnormalities here- http://fictional-battle-omniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Horizon_Skills . Live long and prosper :) The Omnipotent One (talk) 11:26, June 22, 2015 (UTC)
Yeah, Doppelganger refers to the doubles out front of the Shiranui village. I suppose it was never outright stated that Obi created them, but Doppelganger was listed in the skills and techniques section of the dictionary, and Obi is an illusionist who was standing literally right there, so I'm pretty sure Doppelganger is attributed to her. If you think that's not strong enough evidence to count it as one of her abilities, that's fine, it probably doesn't really matter that much. Either way, thanks for your help.